• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Motorboating---Help Please!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I built Leak TL/50 Plus from scratch ,point to point. The only thing I changed
is the layout: Kt88, EF86, 12ax7 KT88 in that order. All voltages appears fine.
The amp is playing wonderful untill I connect the Feedback. Then it started motorboating at a rapid pace. OK I know for sure that is connected right. It's
Edor transformer and it was in another amp. I tried many resistor but it only
stop if I use like 1 or 2 megs.
OK, I am a dilettante and I am working with only a mulitimeter. Any help or
suggestions will be appreciated.http://44bx.com/leak/Leak/Circuits/tl50_ecc83.JPG

Joined 2011
The secondary has an 8 ohm tap and is not symmetrical. It would be symmetrical if there were
only 4 and 16 ohm taps. Here it is not appropriate to switch the 0 and 16 ohm secondary connections.

As an alternative to rewiring the output transformer primary, instead you could exchange the driver
connections to the grids of the output tubes.

Last edited:
Wow! I am so happy. I don't know if you guys understand how valuable your help is;how
much it is appreciated. Rayma, your are the champ! I did exactly as you stated and there
is no more motorboating. How sweet it is not to hear it.Thank you, thank you and thank
you a million times.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.