Pioneer KEX-900 8-pin DIN AUX to 3,5mm audio jack.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all. So I would like to connect a bluetooth reveiver to my KEX-900 head unit. The unit does have a AUX-In connection for the CD-player component on the back, but it's a 8-pin DIN plug, so I would need an adapter. I'm no electrician, so I could use some help figuring out the wiring. I assume that the 3.5mm connector only has three wires (left channel, right channel and ground) so is it as simple as connecting those to the right pins on the DIN plug? I have found some scematics, but I'm not sure if they are the correct ones or if I'm reading them correctly (link under the post). Is the correct wiring order left channel to pin 3 (middle on the left of the plug), right channel to pin 6 (lowest pin on the left) and ground to pin 5 (top pin on the left)? Do I need anything else?
There seems to be some ready made adapters for sale on ebay, but they are meant for Alpine headunits. Would these work on Pioneer, or is the wiring different?

Pioneer servicemanuals for Centrate black series

Last edited:
If you say "DIN plug" for KEX900's AUX-IN, so i mean a male connection.
Then, if you look the DIN plug in front of, from the unit's rear, the signal's ground is the second down at right, the right channell is the next down pin, and the left channel is the next pin again (the central pin under).
Alpine's wiring is different.
I cannot read the DIN numbers from link's scheme.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.