Vintage article - "A No Cost Acoustic Cabinet for Transistor Portables"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
(I remember those days clearly of pocket radios)

Attachments

• no cost page 1 2X Tiny.jpg
    no cost page 1 2X Tiny.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 178
  • no cost page 2 2X Tiny.jpg
    no cost page 2 2X Tiny.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 158
yes - probably the smallest "K15" ever featured. One thing to note is the narrow slot at the top of the aperture and its effect on sound.

Its like that with my 41.5" tall K18 - this is a real good cabinet with curved refector. To to it again, I'd like to get it about 36"J x 21"W x16" deep.

At higher input power, a breeze can be felt from the narrow - top slit area. Its not destructive and does not compress as the inner vent area is adequate. If that portion is blocked, then the coupler somehow seems to have less agility and life - dunno why as its run 18 inch speakers. Then again, EV18B goes to 4KHz on axis. Its run two different spec Eminence 18s besides the EV - all good and better than the same drivers as direct radiator.

kMwSfs1.jpg

sure not mine - that plexi K is based on the "Dutch K12" and probably would be fun as K8 or even K6 size when augmented with a woofer/subwoofer.

got any wood to make a K6? - I don't think there are any low priced 6 inch fullrange speakers (?). that's a shame as Visaton's BG20 motor would make a nice "6".

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.