• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Onetics output transformer liquidation SALE

Im liquidating all my Onetics Single ended Output transformer for 45,2a3, 300b for both level 1 and level 2. I have a few pairs remaining for each tube levels. The transformers are already discounted from the original price and I will give a 5% for multiple orders. They will be sold in pairs. All are new and never used. Will be shipped from Chicago
Please send me offers if interested: email is ivardlr@gmail.com

45 opt- level 1 is $300.00 for the pair— SOLD OUT
45 opt- level 2 is $600.00 for the pair—SOLD OUT

2a3 opt- level 1 is $270.00 for the pair shipped in US only—1 pairs left
2a3 opt- level 2 is $530.00 for the pair shipped in US only—SOLD OUT

300b opt-level 1is $250.00 for the pair— SOLD OUT
300b opt-level 2 is $550.00 for the pair— SOLD OUT

Please refer to this thread for the specs: for sale onetics 2a3, 300b, 45 SET output transformer

Thanks

Attachments

• DFFFFF59-F1D5-4F0D-B3CB-985D90F74D2A.jpg
    DFFFFF59-F1D5-4F0D-B3CB-985D90F74D2A.jpg
    562.1 KB · Views: 1,627
Last edited:
Im liquidating all my Onetics Single ended Output transformer for 45,2a3, 300b for both level 1 and level 2. I have a few pairs remaining for each tube levels. The transformers are already discounted from the original price and I will give a 5% for multiple orders. They will be sold in pairs. All are new and never used. Will be shipped from Chicago
Please send me offers if interested: email is ivardlr@gmail.com

45 opt- level 1 is $300.00 for the pair— 5 pairs left
45 opt- level 2 is $600.00 for the pair— 1 pair left

2a3 opt- level 1 is $250.00 for the pair—7 pairs left
2a3 opt- level 2 is $550.00 for the pair—4 pairs left

300b opt-level 1is $250.00 for the pair—2 pairs left
300b opt-level 2 is $550.00 for the pair— 1 pair left

Please refer to this thread for the specs: for sale onetics 2a3, 300b, 45 SET output transformer

Thanks
Hi and interesting. what is the difference between the 300b level 1 and 2? Thank you in advance.

I may bite - do you have any info on the impedance ratios and current ratings of the three transformers?

Hello Wrench,

Kindly refer to the first post at the bottom of the page, I attached a link to where the datasheet was posted.
as I am having a hard time uploading pdf using my phone or computer.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you all for vouching for me. That is very much appreciated.

Best regards to all

In response to Classiccarguy’s inquiry.

Here is detailed explanation from Bud Purvine.

O-Netics Transformers

All transformers are power transformers, but not all power transformers are also audio transformers, that can pass signals above 400 Hz with any hope of fidelity to the original signal, even though they are excellent power transformers. While most transformer designers understand this quite clearly, very few designers are able to alter the subtle internal activities within a transformer, with the specific intention to change it from a power transformer to an audio transformer. O-Netics has this capability, we have spent the time and money on R&D to advance our understanding of the most subtle relationships within a transformer. The results are found in our audio transformers, with exceptional information retention, an extrodinary lack of energy storage or phase shift, at frequency extremes.

Our level one audio outputs will outperform all of the famed "golden age" of audio outputs. Level two outputs add even finer detail to the already astonishing amount of information found in level one devices, due to a core material change. Level three goes all out, with 16 interleaved sectors in place of 10, even thinner high performance dielectric barrier material and extremly small diameter wire strands, woven into Litz type 2 cabling, for all secondary windings. In addition to this the core material is also changed.

We do not use silver or impossible to maintain oxygen free copper winding wire, nickle or amorphous core material, or any of the other popular material driven aids. Instead we utilize commercial materials in subtly different designs with very specific motifs that come from our unique R&D program. Our designs rival and typically exceed the finest devices provided by our esteemed competitors, in information depth, accuracy of placement in a perceived sound field and increased levels of tone and transient color and internal gradient structure.

Our outputs are designed for extremly long life. Typical mean time between failure is expected to be 100 thousand hours. In addition the transformers will meet CE 6500 safey standards for non power grid connected transformers with a high voltage to safety low voltage transformation. All of the materials utilized in the coil structure are UL, CSA and CE6500 rated for continuous operation at 130 deg C, with electrical safety barriers rated for continuous duty at 200 deg C.

UOTE=tubo;6333482]In response to Classiccarguy’s inquiry.

Here is detailed explanation from Bud Purvine.
O-Netics Transformers
........[/QUOTE]

Hi and thank you for the response. How can I determine the transformer will fit? Any help would be great. Thank you in advance.

SAM-1641.jpg

SAM-1636.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Classic,

Kindly check my first post as I attached a link that will take you to another post where I attaxhed a pdf of the specs of the opts.

That is a nice looking amplifier and It may be a good idea to start a new build from scratch. im not sure if itll fit the existing holes for the opts.

Thanks

Thanks so much for the reply. I didn't really paid a whole lot on this amp and I know that somewhere along the way, I will have to replace the tranny.
Or I might just end up like you were suggesting depending on the time and my skill knowledge today. I wanna get or build another 300b integrated amp with the most simplified circuit. (I got the speakers covered) what board would anyone suggest for an 8 watter. I'm wishing to go in a better category. all point to point.
Any ideas would be great.

Hi Classic,

Kindly post at the tube section for inquiry about a good 300b amp design. Im pretty sure theyll be able to steer you in the right direction.

About your amp, the tube line up of 2x 6sn7 and 300b Suits a morrison fi primer 300b. Ive built that amp before and it was nice. If you can obtain a schematic for your amp or trace it, you can compare it to the morrison 300b. The circuit might be similar or close.

Thanks

Hi Classic,

Kindly post at the tube section for inquiry about a good 300b amp design. Im pretty sure theyll be able to steer you in the right direction.

About your amp, the tube line up of 2x 6sn7 and 300b Suits a morrison fi primer 300b. Ive built that amp before and it was nice. If you can obtain a schematic for your amp or trace it, you can compare it to the morrison 300b. The circuit might be similar or close.

Thanks
Hi Tubo,
got caught up with a lot with the on going fire here the past few days. The circuit is very simple probably 22 capacitors for this 300b. I'm not very particular with the 300b circuits although I built a few EL34's and when I was in the Philippines I took a manpower short course. I built an AM radio from scratch then the magazine came out with the 100 watts per channel solid state w/ the Motorola J transistors and I was able to built 2 of those before I got here in the states. But since them I just modify guitar tube amps. Plus its not my main job.
After 30 years of listening to EL34 and KT88 hifi, I had the chance to try out the 300b. I just love it. I got the whole system pretty much decked out besides the speaker which is I'm still dialing it. I found out that if I wanna achieve the maximum performance of this 300b amp. As for the speaker system no more than 40 watts rms with a max peak of 80. Depending the accuracy of driver specs, This Norwegian 8 inch speaker woofer that I'm using is 87db sensitivity. its just dead on with the 8 watt tube amp. So as the Dayton Audio PS220-8 which is the same rating thou this is a full range with 96 sensitivity. Any one of this speaker can handle and I can push the amp and the speakers all they way to its sweet spot (right before the breakup tone) averaging 94 db sound. which is very loud... I'm cross the woofer to the sound I want with without sacrificing too much of the amps output power.
Anyways going back to the amp, I will get the schematic from the guy and I will get back to you. However here is the photo of the amps guts. pretty sure you'll recognize the circuit. this one has a tube rectifier.
As you recommended, I will just going to build the amp from the basic I can reach so I can used the best transformer I can get. I just might need so coaching on how to position the transformers correctly. I will just start something simple. or even adding a simple auto bias would be great.
Thank you and hope everyone is doing okay in this pandemic and fire season.. Kabayan.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi Classic,
Im not an expert but from looking at the pictures, It looks like the curcuit is similar to the cascaded design of jc morrison, sun audio amps. Yours may have adjustable feedback that has been adjusted in the factory. The 300b has dc filament. I dont have enough knowledge to see if theres any changes that can be done with your amp. Im sure folks at the tube section will be able to steer you in the right direction.

Im sure if you post on the tube section, We can help you with the build just as long as you are comfortable with the voltages involved and know electrical safety.

When you have the schematic, Please post on the tube section so we can see what the experts think.

Best