Broken headphones (Sennheiser HD202II)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all! I've had these headphones (Sennheiser HD202II) for ten years and I love them. I've fixed (re soldered the wires) a bunch of times, but this time I think they're broken beyond repair. Unfortunately I don't have money to buy another ones so I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out.

The "plaque" (sorry, I don't know the term), that the wires are soldered to, came off. But what I can't figure out is that it is not connected in any way to the main speaker. It looks like there is a brownish transparent glue (which I can't imagine it being conductive). As far as I can see, it was glued to the black plastic (the "case" of the headphone).

Please, any comment or suggestion on what to do is much appreciated. There are pictures attached, but I can take more if needed.

Sennheiser HD202II - Album on Imgur

The speakers look like standard moving coil units to me.

If they are then each will have a coil that is connected to the pads that you mentioned.

In loudspeakers those coil wires and generally connected to terminals that are affixed to the frame of the speaker.

In headphones space is at a premium but the same applies.

You should be able to find the fine wires that form the voice coil unless they have snapped.

You might then be able to glue the pads back to the speaker frame with epoxy resin and remake the connections.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.