Dayton Titanic MKIII 15" Subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently acquired the above mentioned subwoofer in like new condition. I am trying to determine what the best build type would be for this sub. Home theater use with some but very little music use. I will for sure want it to be vented, but I'm not sure on what orientation. Down firing seems to have my attention right now. Any other configurations that I should consider? Any designs or plans anyone has that I could work with for this driver? Thanks!

Front firing or down firing is about aesthetics. Cabinet size, tuning frequency, DSP are related to sound.
Try downloading WinISD and see what kind of cabinet works for this driver.
Parts Express suggests a 150 L box, tuned at 22 Hz Dayton Audio TIT400C-4 15'' Titanic Mk III Subwoofer 4 Ohm

A cheap amplifier choice would be a Behringer NX1000D (~600 W into 4 ohms) or NX3000D + silent fan mod. Make sure to get the DSP version.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.