diyAudio

diyAudio (https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/introductions/)
-   -   New Guy From (Almost) The Middle of Nowhere (https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/introductions/351196-guy-middle.html)

phoenixop 15th March 2020 09:17 PM

New Guy From (Almost) The Middle of Nowhere

Hi Folks;

New to audio forums, but not forums as a species. Have finally returned to my (audio) roots. Stuck in the '70's and '80's, so don't beat me up too bad. Seem to have an affinity for JVC and Technics, but am constantly on the lookout for anything kinda cool. Of course, being car-poor, it squeezes the budget. I have waaaay too many cars. But, I digress.

Anyway, happy to be here and will try really hard to not make a fool out of myself. Remember, newby on the premesis...

Thanks to all,

Mike

AllenB 15th March 2020 09:23 PM

Welcome phoenix :)

phoenixop 15th March 2020 09:43 PM

Thanks Allen. Appreciate the welcome.

tsmith1315 16th March 2020 01:32 AM

Welcome aboard Mike!

You'll find plenty of good 70's-80's company here, and plenty who see it as better left
behind. There's room for everybody.

And anytime is a good time to post pics of your cars in the lounge, we have plenty of car fans, too!

6L6 16th March 2020 01:34 AM

Hello and welcome!

You’ll fit right in here, and find lots of people interested in the same things!

kevinkr 16th March 2020 01:45 AM

Welcome! Please post some pictures of your cooler cars! :D

lindamar 16th March 2020 02:22 AM

Hello there, welcome
Hola, bienvenido

.Pepe.

merlin el mago 16th March 2020 12:24 PM

Welcome Mike.

Benvingut Mike.

phoenixop 16th March 2020 02:13 PM

Thanks to all for the great welcome! Really appreciated!

I see we have people from around the world here. That's so cool. I of course speak only 3 languages - English, Bad English and Swear! But I will try to stick to the first two.

Kevin, I see you're a Bostonian. Back in the early '70's I lived in Salem and took the blue line into Boston. Worked in what was then the financial district. Worked for Cabot Corp. in the Travelers building at 125 High St. Caught a TV show when they imploded it. Made me feel old....

Thanks again!

Mike

nigel pearson 19th March 2020 09:05 AM

There are many bargains from that period. I recently bought a NAD 3020 to use as a work tool. I find it good enough to use every day. Sony is a strange make. Some good, some bad. JVC JAS11 is good. My friend Paul Stewart of JVC UK in the day asked Japan to build it. I mention that as I don't think it was ever published. JVC direct drive turntables can be very good. Not unlike expensive direct drives in sound. TT 71/81 becoming collectable. L3 and 5 are not far behind. They don't have the looks and a bit complex.