• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The all new AIO FXtreme DB450 : 4-Channel Amplifier with DSP, Bluetooth and Booster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there guys!

I wanted to introduce you all to the all new FXtreme DB450 all-in-one amplifier system!

FXtreme DB450:
20191024_113347.jpg
20191024_113507.jpg

Back of the FXtreme DB450:
20200214_103638.jpg

This board does not only have 4x50W channels, but also Bluetooth, DSP (SigmaDSP) and an integrated step-up booster!

It is made specifically for those with a limited budget, but still want the absolute best performance and most features possible to, for example, build/upgrade their own portable Bluetooth speakers.

Not only can the DSP be fully configured in SigmaStudio (Free) to make every speaker sound exactly to how you want it to, but it also has an app for Android users, in which you can configure EQs, Bass Boost, 3D Soundstage, TWS Routing, a remote control and many other fun features.

App for Android:
Screenshot_20200117-002946_GAIA Control.jpg

It is also possible to connect 2 boards via TWS (True Wireless Stereo) for a seamless stereo sound experience, or even a 2.1 soundbar setup with wireless subwoofer for example. The possibilities are really endless with the DB450 :happy1:

---------------------------------------------------
Specifications of the board:

-8-24v input voltage (4s/16.8v Li-Ion battery or 19v 4a PSU Recommended)

-CSRA64215 Bluetooth 4.2 AptXll <40ms TWS + 8DBi antenna (30m/100ft+ Range)

-ADAU1701 fully configurable DSP (SigmaStudio on PC/Mac required for programming)

-TPA6132 Opamp (Balanced)

-AD8608 Precision Opamp

-LTC1871 Step-Up Booster (Adjustable from 8-24.5v)

-2x TPA3116D2 Amplifier chips (4-8Ohm // 2-4Ohm Mono-Mode)

-Small 140mm x 70mm x 18mm format

Included in package:

-FXtreme DB450
-8DBi antenna (30m/100ft+ Range)
-2.54 headers for programming
-Wires and connectors for Buttons/LEDs

needed to get started:

-PSU/Battery (8-24v)
-Speakers (4-8Ohm // 2-3Ohm Mono-Mode)

---------------------------------------------------

Basically anything can be build with this board, since it is also possible to make different configurations like:

Mono, Stereo, 2Way, 3Way or 4Way

4x50W
2x50W + 100W
2x100W
(All outputs can be wattage limited separately in the DSP)

And due to its High efficiency LTC1871 Step-Up Booster (adjustable from 8v to 24.5v), which makes it absolutely perfect for battery powered systems, since the voltage
to the amplifiers will always be at the set voltage of the Step-Up Booster. This also means that the audio will never distort, even if the battery drains by a lot.

-My own speaker build, using the DB450: YouTube

Have any questions/Comments and or suggestions? Be sure to post it!:)

Last edited:
Sure, I will try to keep one reserved for you:)

Yes there will be more versions in the future. I am currently working on the DB220, which has the same features as the DB450, but with 2x20W and an integrated smart-charger, since it is powered from a 1 cell Li-ion (3.0v to 4.2v) battery.

There will ofcourse also be much higher wattage sysems(200W>)

No, this board is made to be as easy to use as possible, only input is via Bluetooth.

You can interrupt the signal to the 2 amplifiers, but it not recommended.

There will be even more advanced boards in the future, with all GPIOs/PIOs available for those who really want something challenging:)

Congratulations! It looks awesome!

I will checking this thread once in a while, looking forward for a board like this but with some alternatives on the input stage to design some active 3way speakers fed with the pre-amp outputs from a standard receiver (@0.9/1volt).

The possibilities would be endless and the price/performance ratio would be awesome!

No, this board is made to be as easy to use as possible, only input is via Bluetooth.

You can interrupt the signal to the 2 amplifiers, but it not recommended.

There will be even more advanced boards in the future, with all GPIOs/PIOs available for those who really want something challenging:)
Okay. Will check it out when you do. Just wanted to highlight one thing. Bluetooth is not considered as audiophile quality. Only spdif or toslink. Analog input is not necessary IMHO as the input to the dsp is i2s. Doesn't make sense to do a A to D again. Incidentally you might not know this but many bluetooth module has Spdif input built in.

Oon

Okay. Will check it out when you do. Just wanted to highlight one thing. Bluetooth is not considered as audiophile quality. Only spdif or toslink. Analog input is not necessary IMHO as the input to the dsp is i2s. Doesn't make sense to do a A to D again. Incidentally you might not know this but many bluetooth module has Spdif input built in.

Oon

It does make sens if you audio is decoded via an AVR and outputed thru the the AVRs preamps. Maybe not "audiophile" grade, but really the only way to do it in HT.

Of course it is not "audiophile quality" audio, whatever that means. But for this price i honestly think your're getting quite alot of powerful features already..

I didn't know an external analog input would matter that much to anyone, especially since the board is made for DIY portable bluetooth speakers.

But I will try to add at least an aux input in the next version of the DB450. It will take some time, since the Bluetooth module basically controls everything on this board, making it very difficult to add any additional inputs without adding a microcontroller

Last edited:
Actually it is not as difficult as it might seem. You would need a microcontroller. But if your bluetooth module is based on the Qualcomm's 64215, it already has spdif input and analogue input. Probably if it was other manufacturer you might find it has similar functions.

I believe they are able to set in priority mode. So if there is analog in it will switch to that from BT. No analog, back to BT.

Not sure on spdif...

Oon

Well yeah adding a microcontroller would be the easiest by far, but it will also increase costs and overall dimensions of the board dramatically. it wouldn't be worth it imo.

I have been trying for days to add an AUX input to the CSRA, but it doesn't work because I also use the active audio (Mute, Standby) control from the CSRA to the amplifiers to maximize efficiency, etc..

Of course it is not "audiophile quality" audio, whatever that means. But for this price i honestly think your're getting quite alot of powerful features already..

I didn't know an external analog input would matter that much to anyone, especially since the board is made for DIY portable bluetooth speakers.

But I will try to add at least an aux input in the next version of the DB450. It will take some time, since the Bluetooth module basically controls everything on this board, making it very difficult to add any additional inputs without adding a microcontroller

The board looks awesome as it is, tons of features and great price. I just hope you make something similar for the "home theater" crowd, that allow us to build active XO 3/4 way speakers and DSP capabilities on the cheap.

Maybe one alternative is to remove bluetooth capabilities and leave only analaog input with a nice ADC? IDK.

Awesome work, and congratulations again!

Status
Not open for further replies.