Are BBC sounds getting encrypted or messed about with.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
BBC sounds, updated Plugin.(Solved)

Solved, there is an updated plugin and it now works.

I have never had problems recording BBC sounds till now. I have a M-Audio Transit usb connected to the optical output of a MDac and recording is done on Audacity running on XP. I can record live BBC stream from Daphile without trouble but iPlayer looks as if it is a good recording but is very distorted. No overloading of signal. It has in the past worked perfectly.
Its only iPlayer recordings so I wondered if they are encrypting or messing about to stop me.
Any ideas anyone.
Thanks
thyristor44

Last edited:
Solved, there is an updated plugin and it now works.

I have never had problems recording BBC sounds till now. I have a M-Audio Transit usb connected to the optical output of a MDac and recording is done on Audacity running on XP. I can record live BBC stream from Daphile without trouble but iPlayer looks as if it is a good recording but is very distorted. No overloading of signal. It has in the past worked perfectly.
Its only iPlayer recordings so I wondered if they are encrypting or messing about to stop me.
Any ideas anyone.
Thanks
thyristor44

I am now, after years of listening to BBC iplayer, am getting a problem where BBC Iplayer BBC Radio 3 sound is now being corrupted during streaming playback. It seems like a serious digital break up of the stream, where the sound is like in a swimming pool. This is from the analogue stream for 2 different Julia sound cards. I also keep getting random clicks that occur on the digital out. I believe the BBC have an unintended problem, or it is perhaps a policy of restricting the streaming. It seems to happen after 1 hr of listening. No other streaming is affected. It may repeat on stopping and restarting the stream.

I am having no problems at the moment with BBC R3 0r iPlayer.
My problem was caused by a change in BBC but with my streamer, Daphile, a plugin needed to be updated and it is now perfect, I think.
The plugin is by Triode or BPA, not sure which but thanks either or both for that.
Its accessed at
Download bpaplugins from SourceForge.net
Daphile uses Logitech Media Server.
May be your problem too

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.