Matching amp to speakers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wan to build an amp from a broken bose sounddock.
I have two hi-fi bose 273488004 "twiddler" speakers.
Bose SoundDock Series II internals - What's Inside

I've been told their 8ohms impedance in forums, but ebay says 4.6 in multiple listings, i've seen 18w per channel (speker, i assume), also 36W, also 10W.

If wired in paralel, i thought they would need <36w and 4ohm impedance.

i wanted to use this chip -( 35W TDA8932 Digital Amplifier Board ), but the power supply says "24V output 2A power supply", and for the speakers " The power supply of the SoundDock is providing a supply voltage of +/-18V", so they need a +-18V AC power supply?

I need to figure out whether to wire in series on parallel, as that will determine the specs of the amp circuit i need, but for that i need to know the specs of the speakers individualy.

So you understand why i'm confused on how to proceed.

this is a project with same speakers https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pa-systems/336139-diy-column-speaker-pa.html
but i can't find their individual specs in there.

Sorry, i work with guitar electronics, so i'm new to this level of circuit design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.