Which Pass amplifier for Klipschorn ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody,

First post for me here, but registred since 2006 !!!

I've heard a few weeks ago, a Pass Alpeh J with little Onken speakers.

I wonder if such an amplifier could work great with my Klipschorn, and what would be the great choice for these speakers, in the Pass offer.

Thanks in advance for your answers, and please, excuse my poor english !

Vincent.

F7 is supposed to be magic with Khorns. There was an article in Radio & TV News back in 1957 (A New Look at Positive Current Feedback) and they saw big improvements on the bottom end of the Khorn. If you dig through the F7 thread you will have everything you need to build your own. ;)

Hi,

Why specificaly the F7 ?
The 2 others answers don't talk about it ! :)

I'm going to read the F7 tjread. ;)

I have built a diy version of a F7 and it works fine with horns but it is not available for diy'ers at the present time. Still in production and schematic not available for building. The F7 diy'ers just build from the information available on this site and filling in the blanks with a good guess on values and circuit. You will not be disappointed with the M2X boards or an AlephJ build with Klipshorns. I would stay away from F5 or F6 with horns. They sound great with a good source but not forgiving with not so good source. Horns are just too revealing with me with F5 or F6. I have built both. Still have my F5 but it does not get used, at least not lately. I own heavily modified LaScala's with a big sub I built.

I used to run an Aleph J on my Khorns and it sounded good but it was not very dynamic and didn't do them justice on the bottom end. The J is the only Pass amp I have so I cannot compare to others. Right now I use a Tubelab TSE running CX345's and it sounds phenomenal! My next venture is an F7 after reading the article I posted. I have the lat FETs and a PCB design done just need to order a chassis ...

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
of A class projects available in this moment , I can write down this list :

as best - SissySIT , then Babelfish M25 , then M25x , then Aleph J (or Babelfish J as easier to do) , then ACA

if possible - you can try finding second hand EAR 859 - my fave commercial tube amp - not just sounding good but construction worthy of T.dP. fame

quite possible to find one no costing more than parts for properly made Papamp nowadays , except in case that you already have shelves full with parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.