• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FREE in Los Angeles Massive Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Massive 6 Channel Amp based around the LME49830 chip from TI/National.

I'm moving and this thing is not coming along! Free to anyone who wants to pick it up - it is heavy. It is currently working, except that I pulled the power switch from it. I think I've already packed the schematics I was using, but it is very closely based on the manufacturers suggested design.

I designed and built this myself several years ago, and it has served me very well, and been totally stable. I wanted something with excellent performance and not power limited. In total, the amp should be able to do 700W continuously, and possibly 200W peak on a given channel, but I've never driven it anywhere near that.

It has a separate power supply with +/- 54V rails. The transformer is 1200VA, and massive, with 50,000uF of capacitance on each rail. In the picture, the upper box houses the amp modules. The output transistors are matched IRFP FETs. The heatsinks have virtually silent fans on them and barely warm up under normal conditions.

Here is my build thread: https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chip-amps/132179-6-channel-lme49830-power-amp.html

Previously, I use this with a miniDSP system (now removed), which is why you see only two input connectors. Internally, each module has its own two pin board connector, so you will have to do a little wiring to attach this to whatever you use it with. I recommend that only people with some DIY skills take this, as you will probably have to tailor it to your situation.

This thing is pretty heavy, the power supply weighs about 40 lbs, the amp probably 20lbs, so this is pickup only. The best way to contact me is at peglegpatrick AATTTT gmail DOOT com, I don't visit the forum often, please don't PM me.

Attachments

• DSC03259.jpg
    DSC03259.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 900
  • DSC03260.jpg
    DSC03260.jpg
    469.6 KB · Views: 893
  • DSC03261.jpg
    DSC03261.jpg
    524.9 KB · Views: 885
  • DSC03262.jpg
    DSC03262.jpg
    421.9 KB · Views: 863
  • DSC03263.jpg
    DSC03263.jpg
    425.6 KB · Views: 842
  • DSC03264.jpg
    DSC03264.jpg
    467 KB · Views: 326
  • DSC03265.jpg
    DSC03265.jpg
    401 KB · Views: 326
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.