Elite K2 Power Series 6-1/2" woofers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I have a 2015 VW GTI and I'm looking to put my old system into.
Current (old) system:
(2) sets of focal 5 1/4 components with 165kr2 crossovers
(1) JL W6 10" subwoofer
(1) JL 900/5 HD amplifier

I'm just going to go passive for now and see how everything sounds, maybe later I will go with a DSP for an active setup. But I ran this system in my old car passive and it sounded amazing so we shall see. But my question is I wanted to upgrade the front speakers to a 6 1/2 driver to get a fuller sound up front. I was looking to get the "Focal Elite K2 Power Series 6-1/2" component speaker system", but when i called the place to get a price the guy told me that i could just purchase the 6 1/2 focal drivers from that set for $199 each, that would save me a lot of money. I asked the guy if they would work with my current crossovers, and he said yes. My worry is that that current crossovers were setup to run the smaller 5 1/4 drivers, would i be losing some of the lower end bass that the larger drivers could handle because of were my old crossovers are set?

I also plan on keeping the factory head unit and run an Audio Control LC6I to tap into the factory system, my car doesn't have the "premium" Fender stereo.

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.