Are these woofers worth reconing?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
It's spring clean up week and beside the road, I found these.

Are they worth it? Can they be done in Canada?

Any help is good help.

Thanks,
Cal

Attachments

• img_3199.jpg
    img_3199.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 390
Back in the day Soundstream was the **** in car audio. Then, slowly, and sadly... they have become the **** OF car audio.

Fortunately for you, you've got some of the good ones. Unfortunately, you're going to need to hunt someone down, as Soundstream is now owned by another company, and the customer service has fallen through the floor.

Failing that, you could mail them to me. ;) I've got a thing for old SS gear.

I'm with you, Higgity.. Old soundstream gear was some of, if not the, best gear in Car Audio. If you can find someone to recone those badboys, I would do it. They'd be great for a car, and I'm sure you could still have something decent with them at home.

For those that don't know, soundstream's reference gear was the stuff dreams were made of in car audio about 6 years or so ago. Their amps (Reference Class A, Picasso, etc.) are still highly sought after. If I ever decide to build up a car system, I'll definitely get old soundstream gear for the amps..

I don't think the amps were actually class A, just biased higher into it than normal car amps. Not only did they sound great, they looked awesome while doing it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.