Tang-Band W5-1138SMF pairing with Dayton fullrange

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!

I'm currently starting to build another bluetooth speaker.
My goal is to build something similar to this: Isetta - undefinition

But with better full range drivers.

Amp that I am going to use is this: TPA3116 Subwoofer Bluetooth Amplifier HiFi 2.1 Channel Digital Audio Stereo Amp | eBay

So my questions are:

1. If I want to get most out of the amplifier then good choice for the satellites would be Dayton RS100-4? Max power handling is 60W. This amp puts out 50W@4ohm to satellites and 100W@4ohm to sub.
2. I've read that this amp plays the satellites to 150hz (adjustment possible to lower frequency, but I would like to keep it at 150hz) from where the sub takes over. I assume Dayton RS100-4 would be a good match to this Tang Band sub if the amp crosses over at 150hz? Dayton has Fs of 84.8 Hz.
3. Since RS100-4 is way more competent than the Fountek used with Isetta's original design I hope I don't have to use any filters to achieve pleasant highs?
4. Isetta's original design gave the satellites 1L litre separate sealed enclosures. With RS100-4 do I have to increase the sealed parts? Or can I build the encloure without the sealed compartments? How will that affect the sound?
5. Isetta's original reflex port size is really strange - 1.5 inches diameter and 10.5 inches long. Closest thing I found was this - Precision Sound 2" Flared Speaker Cabinet Port Tube Kit - Your favorite one-stop-shop for DIY audio components - SoundImports How much should correct the length to achieve the same F3 of 35hz of the original design?

So many questions, I hope someone can help me out :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.