Kicker zx1500. 1 no output.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So the this Kicker came in. Power supply tests ok
The outputs all test OK as well. The inductor is loose on the pcb. This resistor is very swollen and I'll need to replace it.
The relay is not engaging. The power supply drive is present and good.
That cap is very swollen.

Attachments

• 15575004639203626603987934417375.jpg
    15575004639203626603987934417375.jpg
    968 KB · Views: 80
Perry is right about the diode across the relay coil and if you are seeing ~12 volts across the diode the relay is being activated.

I don't recall seeing that kind of damage to the cap you have pictured. As long as the relay is good, repairing the traces and replacing the cap should be the fix.

the inductor was very loose and the adhesive had failed so is was just moving around. I replaced the cap and fixed the traces. however, it likely to have not been engaging and that is why someone attempted to remove it.
I have repaired the trace and set the relay into place making the connections and it stiill didnt engage.
I cant see a imprint for the cap but it was 1.8K 400V i used one from a parts board i had.

Last edited:
So I should rewrap it. All that emitts from the amplifier like this is a high pitched wine and low audio. I can just measure out the same amout currently on the inductor.
I may have other issues as well, with that capacitor blown.
The inductor seems very clean. I should have 52uH when done?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.