capacitor source lookng for

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.

Are there any sources for film capacitors, i have tried the usual digikey mouser but the prices are so expensive. Is it possible to purchase from any manufacturers or ebay, or any china sources. Have you tried anywhere and been happy with the results.
I need low voltage such as 50-100v, capacitance of 100uf or greater.

Many thanks

Film capacitors typically start at around 160v, the few I have seen with lower voltage ratings are usually of poor quality. Usually those who are asking for something specific will describe the application.
Seriously need to search, is the Y in DIY.

UK
Greenweld - Welcome - have a decent surplus section
Surplectronics - surplus electronic components - surplus semiconductors
http://www.surplus-electronics.co.uk/ - lots of expensive ex-military stuff
Electronics surplus and science catalogs: Links - not that cheap but have some interesting stuff
Home

Europe
http://www.die-wuestens.de/eindex.htm - german site with loads of odd stuff. Interesting j

Hi.

I need low voltage such as 50-100v, capacitance of 100uf or greater.

Many thanks

What is your application?
In low power speakers 50-100V? , most larger values are used in low pass filters where NP electros are the most suitable choice, even on high end!
Oddball parts selected mainly by only one of its build materials is grabbing the wrong end of the stick.
As some folks know there are many types of film caps, metalized, foil etc … some are for small signals and some are for AC power, which do you think you need?

Last edited:
What i need is a film type capacitor of voltage rating 50volts up to 100 volts. This is for a midrange driver, i have measured the voltage across the driver at a very high sound level and it is only 5 volts. I do not want to pay more for a capacitor just to pay for a higher voltage rating that i shall never use.

I have always found the profit margins digikey and mouser and all the other large players apply to be excessive so am trying to find a different source, am hoping to find someone who had purchased from china, ebay etc with favourable results.

Remember the voltage across a capacitor varies with frequency. Sometimes it's best to rate all caps close to the amplifiers power as a minimum.

Im hoping to find someone who had purchased from china, ebay etc with favourable results

That would be my last resort, too many variables, that and cutting costs wont put you on the good side of any equation.
Id suggest the same stores where you can buy decent hi-fi drivers.

I have always found the profit margins digikey and mouser and all the other large players apply to be excessive so am trying to find a different source
compared to ?

Last edited:
Comparing it to personal experience. You see my projector broke down and needed a replacment fan, all the shops were asking £30 for a new fan, which is ridiculous, found a compatible fan on a chinese website for a few dollars. Other people have reported the same thing on different websites with different cases that the profit margins applied by the big players is excessive

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.