AP7311 - The mysterious IC

Recently i cam across the AP7311 is used in my 5.1 home theater system from true sound waltz. This is has inputs from aux/dvd etc and output goes to power amplifier. Clock and data lines going to sp3306 mcu. This AP7311 has 28 pins. This IC seems to be prologic decoder with audio analog input selection and digital volume controller. Can anybody help me in identifying this IC exactly what it is. Will be thankful if somebody share its datasheet as well.

Recently i cam across the AP7311 is used in my 5.1 home theater system from true sound waltz. This is has inputs from aux/dvd etc and output goes to power amplifier. Clock and data lines going to sp3306 mcu. This AP7311 has 28 pins. This IC seems to be prologic decoder with audio analog input selection and digital volume controller. Can anybody help me in identifying this IC exactly what it is. Will be thankful if somebody share its datasheet as well.

The AP7311 seems to be a voltage regulator. Are you sure you have not misread the number?

I have attached the snap taken from the PCBA...you can zoom and check...i am 100% sure it is AP7311 ic.

Attachments

• IMG_20180914_213340.jpg
    IMG_20180914_213340.jpg
    743.9 KB · Views: 810
I did a lot of research and checked various ic online around this, for example TDA7311, NJU7311. For pro-logic and surround, there is no IC on PCBA. So i am expecting that this (AP7311) IC should have functionality of :
1. Analog input selection mux for 5 audio inputs.
2. Some sort of Prologic/Surround processing.
3. Digital Volume control functionality.
4. And finally output to 6 channel power amplifier.
5. The IC should have 28 pin smd package may be so28.

AX2358F is perfectly a equivalent for AP7311. I Tried Replacing AP7311 with AX2358F. Working perfectly well. You can refer AX2358F datasheet for AP7311.

Hey Simon,

I recently tried using the AX2358 in a LM3886. It seems to be working, but when I power down the amp, it emits a horrendous chirp through the speakers as the power supply of the AX2358 decays. Did you encounter this too? I could try to use some relays on the output I think, but I'm surprised it handles power down like that. Thanks.