Sparkler Audio - model S508 "esprit" ― MC Phono Stage Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sparkler Audio S508 Phono Stage $1,100.00

Specifications (S508v/S508i)
Power Supply: Worldwide, depend on market (IEC 3 pin AC inlet), AC110~120V, AC220~240V (factory assembled)
Input Terminals: Unbalanced RCA pin jack, frame ground terminal.
Input Impedance: 0Ω - total gain is determined by cartridge internal resistance.
Gain: 60..75dB(@1kHz) - adjustable by gain switch.
Type: MC cartridge, CR network RIAA equalizing, NF de-emphasis, current amplifier.
Line Output (S508v - voltage-mode): Unbalanced RCA pin jack, 2.2Vrms
Line Output (S508i - current-mode): Unbalanced RCA pin jack, 5.5mAp-p
Operations: Power switch, Gain switch (high/low)
Size W260×H46×D160mm - B5 size, Weight 1.46g (without power cable)
Materials: Stainless steel, hairline finished. Stainless top panel with clear acrylic.
Accessories: power cable for IEC 3 pin AC inlet, userʹs manual.

flags_1

Last edited:
Hi there - any thoughts regarding how this might compare to the Sun Valley phono that is about to be made available? (other than of course all the curve & tone control options available in the Sun Valley)

Are there any reviews available for the Sparkler S508 esprit that you are aware of? (English or Japanese)
Thanks

Last edited:
we sent the amp to MIYAJIMA LABS WITH TAKUMI MC cartidge. The labs said the result is very impressive... Robyatt Audio, the distributor of Mijajima in USA loves S508.
If you can tell me your cartridge, we can custom your spec. Each unit is custom made.

You cannot change the sound of 508
For EQ1616D, you can change the tube set to change the sounds..
Both are wonderful products...

There are a lot of options for 1616, you can add rectifier tube, MC stepup, and different types of driver tubes .

You can do it according your budget.

S508 is affordable no noise and musical....

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.