Gfa 555 chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

I bought a gfa 555 from a local forum.

But alas, the driver board is no longer gfa 555 adcom. Other parts seems to be working.

Is there any nice diy project thats papa Nelson's. That I could make use to put inside the gfa 555, at least I could make use of the power supply and capacitor ? The voltage is 82vdc..

Thank you in advance for help

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
for something smaller , in terms of voltage (rails) , while greater Iq (no other things in Paparealm) , there is a possibility to connect two 120Vac primaries in series , thus halving 82Vdc rail

however , you can do that if xformer is dual primary thingie , and you must be aware that resulting VA of transformer is also cut in half

we need more info , best covered with few pics , about actual situation in amp ... are electrolytics original , is it wort to keep them etc.

Everything is original except for the driver board Screenshot_20180810-232950.png

Screenshot_20180810-232914.png

...and if any of those Toshiba outputs test good - they'll move on ebay, or they're handy for the parts drawer. Sorta hard to find these days.

You could do what ZM said in post 2 to cut the voltage in half, and keep an eye out for the up and coming AB100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.