Pass Labs XA25 convert 120Vac to 240Vac input

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I have a Pass Labs XA25 with 120Vac input. Recently, I moved city when electric power is operated at 240Vac.

I want to convert the amplifier input to 240Vac.
By reading others previous post, I learned that the 120Vac input, 2 sets of 0-120V Primary wiring are connected in parallel.
I think it may able to change to 240Vac input by connecting the 2 sets of 0-120V Primary wiring in series. as shown in may attached photo

Can anybody help to resolve my question?
I understand that the fuse have to reduce by 50%.
what else I need to do?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 229
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
OK , here is what to do , knowing what you're doing:

see attached pic ; for starters - let's call wires and pads with there 4 letters

desolder B wire , desolder C wire ; mark them , to know which wire was where

then check are they of same secondary - continuity (buzzer) check on your DMM

then :

- if they are in continuity ( same secondary ) , wire A to A pad , D wire to M pad , B wire to M pad , C wire to C pad
-if they aren't in continuity , A wire to A pad , C wire to M pad , B wire to M pad , D wire to D pad

let somebody else check my (noon ) sanity ...... just now working on my (very late) first coffee :)

Attachments

• phasing.JPG
    phasing.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 178
  • WP_20180709_14_26_23_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180709_14_26_23_Pro.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
OK , here is what to do , knowing what you're doing:

see attached pic ; for starters - let's call wires and pads with there 4 letters

desolder B wire , desolder C wire ; mark them , to know which wire was where

then check are they of same secondary - continuity (buzzer) check on your DMM

then :

- if they are in continuity ( same secondary ) , wire A to A pad , D wire to M pad , B wire to M pad , C wire to C pad
-if they aren't in continuity , A wire to A pad , C wire to M pad , B wire to M pad , D wire to D pad

let somebody else check my (noon ) sanity ...... just now working on my (very late) first coffee :)
Thanks - I will try

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.