Ultimax 12" or 15" and which amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm planning on building an ultimax sub or subs for my stereo system. I watch movies and listen to some music, rap etc with my system.

At the moment I have M-dac hooked up to NAD214 running Seas Odins, so hooking up a sub would require a subwoofer amp with outputs for the main speakers with HPF. So an amp like Dayton SPA500dsp would do the trick, however if I build two 12" subs I would require two of these amps.

Plan is to first build one sub ad if that is 12" then I might build another one in the future.

So here are my questions:
With a DSP amp and decent listening levels will the 12" and 15" pretty much equal on how low they go in their sealed enclosures that part express bundles with the drivers? I just want to add the extension to be able to go to 20Hz with the system

If I stay at a moderate levels on listening the sub would the spa250dsp be strong enough to drive these subs?

Is there a better solution for hooking up a sub to a stereo system than a dsp amp? For example a separate dsp and amp that would allow adding another sub to the system if I go with the 12"

Cheers for your answers :)

Getting 2 amps and subs gives you the flexibility to run subs at multiple locations. Th8s lets you cancel out room modes. Then your bass will sound more even.

Depending on thr size and layout of thr room the room gain may help you to reach 20 with 2 12s. The Umaxes have tons of xmax.

If you eventually run 2 subs, look into the Berhinger iNuke with DSP. Look it up on PE and download the manual.

I am sorry to say this, I will never get any equipment from behringer. Their devices are just utter garbage.

I think this tests watt measurements tells a lot about their devices:
Behringer iNuke 1000, 3000, 6000 ja 6000DSP -paatevahvistimet testissa | AudioVideo.fi

Measured RMS, first 8 and then 4 ohm load:
iNuke 1000: 110 / 210 watts
iNuke 3000: 280 / 250 watts
iNuke 6000: 1 000 / 1 550 watts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.