BBB with Rpi hat(s)?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone seen, heard of, thought of, or even built a player combining BBB with Rpi hat ( isolator, reclocker). As stated by HiFiDIUNO “ As many know, the BeagleBone Black I2S audio implementation is in a way superior to the I2S audio implementation of the Raspberry Pi primarily because the audio clocks can be derived from the on-board 24.576MHz clock and also through off board oscillators through an I/O pin.”

As far as I know, there were several initiatives to deal with the issue of I2S isolation and reclocking for BBB, such as Acko so3 and hermes/chronus. However, those are either not available any more, or out of stock for months.

At the same time, the developments for Rpi are mooving fast, and the products such as Allo isolator and Kali reclocker are easyly accessible at very competetive prices. This is just an idea, but as an amateur I am not sure if it’s feasible.

I don't think the i2s source matters if you will be reclocking and isolating the signal so the BBB doesn't really bring anything to the table in that case. If anything, the BBB is too slow and the power down issues make it too much of a pain to deal with.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.