Repair of a broken slide balance pot

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am repairing a vintage amplifier which has many issues, including a broken slide potentiometer with center detent for balance control.

One side of the control works just fine, whereas the other has a broken connection between the resistive element and the pin from which current should flow. it's a microscopic fracture in the flat conductive trace barely noticeable, but it's enough to break the connection.

Since the part is unobtanium, I was thinking of ways to fix it. I can't put solder on it because it needs to stay flat in order for the wipers to make good contact and to not get stuck.

The only options I have in mind are to cover the fracture with conductive paint, or with some conductive epoxy.
However, I am worried about the wipers might just take it off after a few strokes.

Does anyone here have any advice or suggestion?

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.