diyAudio

diyAudio (https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/the-lounge/)
-   -   Bob and Alice (https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/the-lounge/320792-bob-alice.html)

jfetter 29th March 2018 10:58 PM

Bob and Alice

1 Attachment(s)
Sort of a crazy thought, I do not believe in relativity, speed of light limit(speed of dark), dark energy and so on.
But in modern quantum non-classical physics "spooky action at a distance"
is seen within many experiments.
So looking at the current mirror, could it be a non-local entangled pair?
ie Bob and Alice.

(I've read may discriptions of the current pair)

DF96 30th March 2018 10:58 AM

Relativity is seen in many experiments too. If you have ever used GPS then you are relying on both special and general relativity.

Quantum mechanics is strange, very strange, yet it appears to be true. That should keep us humble.

5th element 30th March 2018 11:42 AM

Yes when they first implemented the GPS satellite network there were many that didn't believe about what Einstein had predicted. As a result they included a switch that would bypass all of the compensations necessary to account for the relativistic effects between the satellites, up in space, and us, down on the planet.

With the compensation disabled the satellite network was completely useless. With the compensations, predicted by Einstein, turned on, it worked beautifully.

Speaking of Einstein though, you're not alone in disliking quantum physics, he wasn't particularly impressed with it either.

gpauk 30th March 2018 01:25 PM

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”

jfetter 31st March 2018 02:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm still thinking there is a hidden variable somewhere in the current pair.

I fostered the idea from an experiment using a vacuum tube and opamp as one nullor to replace conventional op-amps.

-

DF96 31st March 2018 04:21 PM

I used to believe in hidden variables. The snag is that experiments have gradually whittled away the places they could be hiding.

jfetter 31st March 2018 06:01 PM

Yes, true but I do not think any used a biological component in vitro or vivo.

Fast Eddie D 1st April 2018 06:41 AM

It does not matter if you believe in relativity or not. It still works and is reliably employed in everyday technology.

What next? Flat earth?

jfetter 1st April 2018 02:00 PM

Its all fudge factors and algebra errors.
But if in trouble, propose a new particle is responsible.
(Of course was predicted in the theory).

Fast Eddie D 1st April 2018 04:44 PM

Except for that robust and ubiquitous technology, eh?