TB 1808 enclosed concrete spheres - 2 way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm a complete newbie
So forgive me I know not what i do
I've got 4 concrete spheres 2@ 1.3ft3 and 2@ 1.5ft3
Ive built the smaller ones to take 1808's (see pic) and I thought the 2nd pr to take an appropriate woofer. Thinking of enclosing them all, certainly the 1808's
Should I run 1808's direct with woofers low passed around 250hz or should i use 2-way crossover at 250hz to save the 1808's working to hard
Any thoughts? about anything I'm doing what kind of woofer would allow a similar db output and would work with that volume

Attachments

• Concrete_spheres.jpg
    Concrete_spheres.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 174
Very pretty enclosures. It's good you (seem to) run them sealed, as the absorbent material will somewhat negate the otherwise acoustically awful interior spherical shape. As for the crossover, yes, do high-pass them above your woofer, they'll be able to play louder and cleaner. Unless you intend to use something like a miniDSP to take care of the low frequency crossover, your best bet is probably to bi-amp and use line-level crossovers before the amps.

On an aesthetic note, will you leave the concrete bare? I like it this way.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.