Diy small active PA speakers with off shelf components

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
lets say we take beyma sm115/n/8 midbas,tweeter rcf nd 1411m on eighteensound xt 1086 horn, and put it inside custom reflex cabinet tuned to 35hz and made by local woodworker.

now for amplifier cant decide, some sort of quick all in one solution would be good.

why not buy lets say JBL EON 615 replacement amplifier module and mount it , not sure what xover freq. but it has some sort of dsp so it should be adjustable?

this is for small size PA system and intent is to not need bass bins and to have reasonable output for to max 100 people on open places and what is point of my asking to be cheap, easy and fast to assemble, reasonable db and high quality output.

how feesible this solution of parts looks? any suggestions welcome thank you:up:

RCF ND 1411-M
Eighteensound XT1086
Beyma SM-1155N

That is a lot of money for a DIYed PA rig that you won't be able to move if you get tired of it. I'd closely evaluate commercial offerings by giving these a good and loud listen in a large space. Maybe a less expensive and less powerful product would serve your purpose as well too.

now i found that xo freq is 1.8kHz which should be fine as i intended to put it at 2k

Attachments

• xof.jpg
    xof.jpg
    679.9 KB · Views: 392
From my experience and from looking at the specs, the EON615's have pretty incredible bass response for a PA speaker. I'm interested to know what you think outside. Also, I assume your EQ preset is set to "MAIN".

Perhaps they need a little play-in time. I'm so jealous! :D

Attachments

• EON615 specs.png
    EON615 specs.png
    14 KB · Views: 211
Perhaps they need a little play-in time..

indeed eq is set to main as that should be "flat" if i understand correctly, i do use dbx processor to fix response a bit but still weak bass.
i hope that combination of burn in and bad workshop acoustic are culprit of weak bass as i will return this speakers if it were not the case.
attached picture is fr with dbx processor active measured in same place.

Attachments

• eon615 dbx procesor.png
    eon615 dbx procesor.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 194
How does it measure outside (without room acoustics)? Based on the frequency response graph in the spec sheet, it should hit 50 Hz at -3 dB with the DSP set to 'main tuning'. At least at normal volume levels, the DSP might cut bass when it is pushed hard. Furthermore, the spec sheet does not show a 7 dB bump around 10 kHz.

Last edited:
this time i have used presonus 16.0.2 mixer for mic preamp instead of behringer xenyx i used last time, i used same audio interface(made by me :cool: ) ,cables are 10m long bespeco 6.7mm with neutrik nc-mxx silver terminations.
attached pictures are interface loop, superlux ecm999, dbx rta-m.
recording was done outside, microphones were 75cm from mid point of speaker on 1.7m height on stands and with only one wall on back of speakers 4meters far.

Attachments

• soundcard loop.jpg
    soundcard loop.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 151
  • vanka eon615.jpg
    vanka eon615.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 144
  • vanka eon615 dbx.jpg
    vanka eon615 dbx.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 149
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.