bridge feedback in classD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, the usual disclaimer: Im no expert on classD or feedback systems, but I'm trying to learn. I dont learn with heavy math or control-theory, but with practical circuits (practical can be LTSpice :) ).

This is my starting point from Lars Clausen (New ClassD): http://newclassd.com/images/ncdconfig4.png

It's simple a sim's easy with LTSpice. It sims nicely with an stanard LT082, but maybe it should be a real comperator?

But how do we go from that and to a bridge design?

Without having a clear idea, I tried this:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

LTSpice file is (hopefully) attached.

It sims, but I'm not really sure that it "makes sense".
I tried different ways of making a simple, sim-friendly halfbridge driver. - any ideas on a better solution for sim's?

Any good reads on this? - easy on the math please

Kind Regards TroelsM

PS.: I have intention of making a high fidelity amplifier. Maybe a subwoofer-amp if it ever comes that far.

Attachments

• classd voltage diff feedback 1.asc
    8.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
I
OK, the usual disclaimer: Im no expert on classD or feedback systems, but I'm trying to learn. I dont learn with heavy math or control-theory, but with practical circuits (practical can be LTSpice :) ).

This is my starting point from Lars Clausen (New ClassD): http://newclassd.com/images/ncdconfig4.png

It's simple a sim's easy with LTSpice. It sims nicely with an stanard LT082, but maybe it should be a real comperator?

But how do we go from that and to a bridge design?

Without having a clear idea, I tried this:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

LTSpice file is (hopefully) attached.

It sims, but I'm not really sure that it "makes sense".
I tried different ways of making a simple, sim-friendly halfbridge driver. - any ideas on a better solution for sim's?

Any good reads on this? - easy on the math please

Kind Regards TroelsM

PS.: I have intention of making a high fidelity amplifier. Maybe a subwoofer-amp if it ever comes that far.

Because of common mode voltages, I suggest four fully functional inputs for a bridge.

My experience was needing just a few watts for everything besides bass. The sub speaker enclosure was a bit undersized and sealed for tight bass. It needed a lot of power for a satisfying output level. But it was smooth.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.