Social Group Suggestions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Y'all,

I started a social group and need some help or have some helpful hints.

Generally:

How do I contact everyone in the group?

Social Group Facilitator
I think we need group facilitators. It should be called a group "facilitator" as it's different than the group owner (starter of group) or moderator, which we have here at DIYAudio to keep the peace through out the various forums.

Facilitator is different than Moderator and shouldn't be construed to be one of the DIY moderators here.

There needs to be a method to broadcast to a social group membership other than the thread subscription tool.

Broadcast
For example, I'm planning for end of January and want input from the 17 NorthTexasDIY group members.

How do I send them all an email? Simply, Efficiently?

Broadcast PMs or emails to Social Group Members
It would be nice to "broadcast" to the subscribers/members to plan things, let them know what is going on etc, or when trying to plan.

Because it is in an out of the way place, where we'd regularly visit, it's kind of important.

And the normal thread subscription probably isn't a good idea for a broadcast because then everyone would then get every post in the threads all the time.

Listor or ListMgr
Another thing might also be helpful not to just DIY Social groups but to DIYAudio at large. Seems everyone has a hodge podge method of contacting people, signing up for buy a demo board or what have you.

Then the problem of managing it etc.

What not create something called a ListMgr? Like a larger poll that one does, let folks create a ListMgr, and have a simple process for it to get approval through a Moderator Team perhaps.

Then let the ListMgr manage their project or board sale, etc helping it be more efficient for everyone. AND let a Moderator choose to be a Moderator for projects they are interested in.

If issues arize, Mods and Halt the ListMgr list until things are resolved, etc. Kind of like they do with forums etc.

Standard Interface Feature Set
It would be nice in a group to have the standard features we see above. Like paragraphs, bullet or numbered lists, links, and things like formatting and on and on.

A Letter size, shape, Bold, Ital, Underline only just doesn't seem to cut it.
Standard Forum Posting Feature Set:
Need the standard forum posting feature set also, to upload pics, schematics, etc.

Creating Poll for instance.

Small Group Try Out
The Social Groups are a great place to try out enhancements to the DIYAudio site but in a smaller more controlled environment. Like a sandbox. Let us try out some of the features and see if they work or not.

DIY Sandbox Create a DIY Sandbox Social Group just for this purpose: small group try out. If that one doesn't work right, no one will care if it gets deleted. It's it's own thing and worth the effort to try things that don't have to affect the regular forums and forumites.

Live Event Feature Would be good for troubleshooting or presenting projects, boards, demonstrating techniques, etc. Discussions with small video streams, audio streams etc.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.