Which sub? Black Friday specials calling ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am ready to pick the bottom end of my active 4 way. The RSS390HO and HF are both on sale for Black Friday .. so its going to be one of them. But which one?

The cabinet will be up to 5.1 cubic feet. I can reduce the amount of internal volume, but the cabinet dimensions are fixed at 16.5x30x23. I would like to do a rectangular port on the front .. not necessarily a slot port using walls of the cabinet. I'm thinking the port will be around 15" long and 3" tall. This driver will cross over to a 10" RS270 around 100Hz. The room is 20x20. 99% music use.

So .. which driver? Cabinet volume too big? Internal length of port?

I pulled the trigger on a pair of the 'HF' drivers. The subs are going to be part of the 'tower' so placement is not really something I can change. However, since the entire system is active, I can EQ the room as flat as possible.

Power is from a Carver PM-900 so I have 450 watts per side to play with

So I built the frame of the woofer boxes today .. wound up with 160 liters. I reworked everything in BBPro and WinISD. I come up with a 2"x11" port between 17.5 and 18.5" long. Fb= 22Hz.

Does this look about right? I am not trying to reach into the teens .. this is for music only. Also, because the entire system is active, I can apply some EQ from the MiniDSP to smooth things out or dig a little deeper.

Is it soup?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.