Speaker building course with Mark Audio, Bristol, Uk in August

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As the title suggests we are looking at holding a speaker building course with Mark Audio, Bristol, Uk in August.

Lots of details to iron out, but the idea is to host a workshop at our workshop. Mark Fenlon of Mark Audio will attend and can give a talk about his drivers, which should make for a excellent day or two.

We would sign up people in advance and have kit speakers pre-cut to order.

I'm just gauging interest here and see if anyone is keen.

The kits are all currently undecided, I like the idea of doing a Boombox, small bookshelf, and maybe a larger design for those that want a bit more of a challenge.

Stefan from KJFAudio will also attend and be able to answer any other questions and have a selection of drivers and larger kits (FHxL & Pensils) for sale.

Respond here, or send me a private message. Some of our commercial designs can be seen below.

No idea yet of pricing, will depend on numbers and what you want to make.

www.ootw.co/timbre

This is a great idea Louis, glad you are putting this plan into action.

As Louis said myself and Mark will be in attendance, and I'll have the drivers to go into your speakers.

I'm sure Louis is open to suggestions on speaker design, it could either be an existing design or if the idea gets some legs I'm sure we could get Scott to design a box specifically fitting a set of design goals that you all agreed upon?

Price wise, if a box is agreed upon obviously you all need to buy the drivers to go in it so a concensus would be needed I'd have thought?

As Louis mentioned i can bring Frugel horn or Pencil kits with me and be on hand to make sure you build them correctly if they are pre ordered.

I don't know what Louis' thoughts about recording it are. I can sort that Louis if you haven't already thought about it. I've already got my you tube channel where we have been keeping these bits.

Stefan

We have had a few people interested in this event, but really need a few more to make it worthwhile.

The current layout is;

* Talk from Mark, with some Q&A at the end.
* Choice of three cabinets to build with varying price points.
* You will be able to take the speakers home wired up and ready to play.
* Other kits available from Stefan to take away

* All in our workshop in south, Bristol.
* Early August, to be confirmed.

If anyone is interested drop me a PM or email.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.