• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Chipamp.com are they for real or scam ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to know if anybody here have the same experience as mine.

I placed my order (2 snubberized board + 2 set of MUR860G), pay everything through Paypal 2 weeks ago. The paypal payment is going through but the receipt from the website says on hold until Paypal clears out.

The transaction is clear from my bank but have not received anything. I called the guy Allan and able to talked to him one time, he told me he will ship it out since they I received no messages, email back from him. I email the guy many times, call many times but no return.

Are these guys for real or just plain thief ? just taking money from customers and fly away with it ? Their website should be shut down or something. If there's a place where I can report their site, tell me about it 'cause I will do it!

For now, please do **NOT** buy anything from these guys, very bad practices.

Brian and Allan, if you guys see this message. Your practice will NOT go anywhere if you still keep doing it. Very surely, this is the LAST time I buying from you guys ever again.

Contact Us | Chipamp Electronics
Chipamp Electronics LLC

4780 Ashford Dunwoody Rd
Ste A138
Atlanta, GA 30338
214-478-7050

Please direct your order and technical inquiries to allan@chipamp.com

I ordered 4 PCBs on Feb 26/17.
For some reason PayPal delayed my payment for a couple of days.
Chipamp shipped my boards on Feb 28, and they arrived about a week later.
I was completely satisfied with the service I got.

VictoriaGuy: Did they send you a confirmation or shipment tracking on Feb28 ?
In my case, they do NOT send anything. I contact them via email, call multiple times but zero response and I'm living right in the US not in Canada. I even looked up their address online, it's not even a real store address. It's like a UPS store address.

That makes my 1st experience dealing with these guys really bad. This is the 1st time I encounter something like this. I've been buying many components from different diyaudio members just fine in the past via payal. These chipamp guys even have the websites and look like they are legit since many diyaudio people have got stuffs from them. I don't know why they are like this. It's been already 2 weeks for me. Money gone from my bank and nothing from them.

I might have to fill out the dispute claim from Paypal trying to report these guys and hopefully i can get my money back!
-Tom

VictoriaGuy: Did they send you a confirmation or shipment tracking on Feb28 ?
On Feb 26 I got an 'Order Receipt' from 'allan' at chipamp.com
On Feb 28 I got a shipping notice from PayPal with the tracking number.
On Feb 28 I got an 'Order complete' email from 'allan' at chipamp.com
On March 5 the package crossed the border
On March 8 the package was delivered to my house.

I think that chipamp.com isn't a 'big business' - probably a part-time thing(?)....sometimes illness or family emergencies can cause problems with small operations like that.

Still there's something wrong if they aren't communicating with you. Communication is very important for me when I deal online - I can handle some delays and problems, but only with good communication from the seller.

You have checked your 'Spam' and 'Junk Mail' email boxes??

Probably best to get going on the PayPal 'Resolution' process - that sometimes gets a seller's attention....and I see you have done that.

There are no bad intentions behind this, just a poorly overseen business, how it looks to me. I got one order shipped and a repeat order was eventually refunded by paypal.

So timing may be a problem, yes, but I wouldn't worry about the money, paypal disputes are very easy for buyers

Thank you all for the reply and concerns. Just some updates to my stories

After all the long wait with no responses or return to my email, phone calls. I finally gave up, throw in the towel and request for refund and fill out the dispute claim from paypal. I instantly got the update from Chipamp that my order is being shipped the next morning. Really guys, does it take this long just to ship out my orders!

I guess I get their attention after all! Maybe some of you might have better luck that I am but definitely not for me. I don't want to sound morbid but this will be my last time dealing with these Chipamp guys ever again. Definitely not recommend Chipamp to any of my friends after all the experiences that I had to go through just to get to get some simple PSU boards for my project. Thanks to these Chipamp guys, I already ordered and received new PSU boards from DIYaudio store with much higher quality, far better customer service, and more options to play with.

Thanks for spending time reading my stories and experiences with Chipamp.
Tom

I ordered an LM3886 kit in mid-November of last year. I got an order confirmation saying my order was being processed and payment cleared through paypal almost immediately. After 2 weeks, I emailed and no response. I filed a dispute a few days later and got a refund in mid-December. I would rather have had the kit but that's the way it goes I guess. I was able to buy the boards from someone in the swap meet forum. It is a shame because they have a very good product.

You're not alone, it seems: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chipamp/286405-chipamp-com-people-around.html

I do understand that life happens, but seriously! These issues have been ongoing for over a year now. It's not that hard to respond to an email or to set up an auto-responder and let your customers know what to expect. I do that every time I go on vacation to make sure I don't get threads like these about my business.

Then again... It's not my job to tell Chipamp how to run their business. :)

Tom

Thanks for that link! Talk about a messed up 'online retail operation' :eek:

Whew! It looks like I 'hit it lucky' to get what I paid for within a reasonable time.
I didn't think to search for 'unhappy customer' messages before ordering; I thought they were legit as I'd read so many references to their boards. I'll try not to make the same mistake again!

I agree with others who have commented that chipamp.com doesn't deserve to get the credibility that a Vendor Sub Forum here at diyaudio gives them.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Looks like I'm not alone after all. Quite a few of people here went through the same experience as mine. I hope others can see this thread and stay far far away from Chipamp.

I know they had good boards/products. I also got recommendation to buy their board by a good friend from this forum who had helped me with many DIY projects but it's not right to treat customers like what Chipamp did in these days of fast pace online business which almost makes all buying/selling transactions seamlessly with all the helps from social media apps like Paypal, vimeo

I seriously agree with this :

I agree with others who have commented that chipamp.com doesn't deserve to get the credibility that a Vendor Sub Forum here at diyaudio gives them.

I ordered a couple of kits from chipamp.com on April 16. Paypal processed the payment instantly. Got an order receipt a few minutes later from Chipamp asking me to wait for payment confirmation.

Since then I haven't heard anything. I have written them a mail, contacted them via the contact form, and just now I have issued a complaint via Paypal. Hopefully, that will get them started.

Even if they send me my kits today, I have lost almost a months process on my new amps... So frustrating!

Thank you all for the reply and concerns. Just some updates to my stories

After all the long wait with no responses or return to my email, phone calls. I finally gave up, throw in the towel and request for refund and fill out the dispute claim from paypal. I instantly got the update from Chipamp that my order is being shipped the next morning. Really guys, does it take this long just to ship out my orders!

I guess I get their attention after all! Maybe some of you might have better luck that I am but definitely not for me. I don't want to sound morbid but this will be my last time dealing with these Chipamp guys ever again. Definitely not recommend Chipamp to any of my friends after all the experiences that I had to go through just to get to get some simple PSU boards for my project. Thanks to these Chipamp guys, I already ordered and received new PSU boards from DIYaudio store with much higher quality, far better customer service, and more options to play with.

Thanks for spending time reading my stories and experiences with Chipamp.
Tom

You're not alone, it seems: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chipamp/286405-chipamp-com-people-around.html

I do understand that life happens, but seriously! These issues have been ongoing for over a year now. It's not that hard to respond to an email or to set up an auto-responder and let your customers know what to expect. I do that every time I go on vacation to make sure I don't get threads like these about my business.

Then again... It's not my job to tell Chipamp how to run their business. :)

Tom

In the same boat as tommydoan84. Well, a similar boat, paid USD $169 for some products (incl. intl shipping) back in Oct 2016, except I forgot about it, and forgot to file the claim until 195 days had passed (start of April)

As such, PayPal aren't having a bar of it through their online process. Having a chat with a PayPal rep was interesting. They have some IMO rather shady ways of obscuring the fact to make your credit card the default payment method if you have a bank account AND a credit card linked to PayPal is to completely unlink/remove the bank account from PayPal. Otherwise you have to manually change for EVERY. DAMN. TRANSACTION.

I digress. I mentioned the above because this went through my bank account instead of my AMEX as I forgot to manually set the payment method for my transaction with ChipAmp - had it gone through with AMEX, I would probably be able to get them to reverse it.

As an aside, hey there, tomchr! Your response just reminded me that I have to actually complete (ahem... start) the NovarSpud I bought from you last year. Unfotunately compactron sockets are incredibly difficult to get in (or post to) Australia cheaply... and I'm not sure I have the cash for OPT's at the moment. Dang.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I ordered a couple of kits from chipamp.com on April 16. Paypal processed the payment instantly. Got an order receipt a few minutes later from Chipamp asking me to wait for payment confirmation.

This kind of message doesn't really come from a human being. A webshop is normally set up to send such a message automagically on orders that come in.

Jan

chipamp.com is closed down and I'll guess that nobody knows what happend, both in the fraud activities and the reason for closure.

Unfortunately for me, I hadn't checked up on reports of how ChipAmp.com were going at the time of purchase back in October 2016 when I made the order - had been a long time (six or more years) since I last built or considered building a ChipAmp.

Should've done my homework before buying... or gone with my gut, which was saying AudioSector.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.