• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Wiring a multi filament transformer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a mil type potted power transformer with 2 6.3vac filament taps. 1 pair is 4 amp for the power tubes, and the other pair is `1.2A for the signal tubes. So, the tubes will be located at the end of the chassis about 14" from the power trans.
I am thinking i will run 1 set of twisted wires for the power tubes around the edge of the chassis to a power tube and then across about 7" to the other power tube. and another set of twisted pair down the center of the chassis to the 2 driver tubes which are in a line with the power tubes but between the 2 power tubes and 3" apart.
Anyone have any comments or suggestions i would appreciate the help. cheers.

Sounds OK to me. Always a good idea to keep output stage heaters (high currents) away from small-signal stages.

Agreed - my daily use amplifier has a transformer with 5 heater windings. Two are used for rectifiers, two for left and right channel output tubes, and one for the input and phase-splitter stages for both channels. Keeping stuff separate works incredibly well (for the past 22 years, in fact).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.