Klipsch Forte Crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday.

This is my first time on diyAudio and my first time building this Klipsch Forte crossover. The crossover build kit along with midrange and tweeter diaphragm upgrades for the Forte was purchased from Critespeakers.com.
I have followed the Klipsch Forte crossover diagram and then laid out my board designed that follows the original design and after putting the speaker back together, I've found the soundstage is not present like it was before I've replaced the original crossover.

I wanted to see if anyone can see a fault with my crossover rebuild or maybe a way that I can test the crossover build.

Thank you, Chuck

Attachments

• Forte-Xcrs.jpg
    Forte-Xcrs.jpg
    482.8 KB · Views: 496
  • forte.png
    forte.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 831
Can someone give a explanation of a speaker transformer.... i would bypass that mess and locate a small tweeter(ground shunt)INDUCTOR , for the midrange .35mh oh so is fine , preceded by 4uf capacitor. Adjust the output with a 20watt ground resistor(like the tweeter is using 40ohm) anywhere from 15ohm to 50ohm. If you play them loud consider putting midrange driver back in standard PHASE.now the forte 1 will sound fantastic.
cheers everyone.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.