[Open source] TINA The total open source Audiophile Player based on Beaglebone Black

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guy,
After searching and trying alot of audio player like volumio / RuneAudio / Archphile I think we have some problem here:

1. All the software is need to support alot of platform then because of limited development time there're alot of issue
2. Lack alot of development documents for new developer to join.

So I and my team will create a new project name TINA that:

[1]. Provide the audio music server software based on Volumio and Rune Audio
[2]. Provide the TINA hardware based on TI Beaglebone Black because other platform is not totally open source or very hard to get the IC / assembly.

So what have we done here:

Software : building develop platform based on Arch Linux
Hardware : schematic of compute board ( AM335x) and schematic + PCB of DAC board (based on WM8740 + opamp LME49720HA.

I will put it to github very soon:D

This is my first open source project after alot of outsourcing project for Sony / Yamaha so hope you like it and feedback to me

Thank for your time

Wow that would be really cool.

But there are loads of 2 channel boards out there for RPi. I am not so sure that anybody would be interested in just 2 channels. If you made a six channel board and a LADSPA compatibility then the six channels could be used as a crossover in IIR or FIR or just for EQ. Now something like that would be special. No need for a Behringer box or some miniDSP box.

Digital Crossover/EQ with Open-Source Software: HOWTO | Richard's Stuff
LADSPA-plugins

Dither and ecasound | Richard's Stuff

Wow that would be really cool.

But there are loads of 2 channel boards out there for RPi. I am not so sure that anybody would be interested in just 2 channels. If you made a six channel board and a LADSPA compatibility then the six channels could be used as a crossover in IIR or FIR or just for EQ. Now something like that would be special. No need for a Behringer box or some miniDSP box.

Digital Crossover/EQ with Open-Source Software: HOWTO | Richard's Stuff
LADSPA-plugins

Dither and ecasound | Richard's Stuff

Thank for your support.
I would like to report the status of it now:
Firmware + OS:
- I just finish build the first version of TINA OS that can running mpd + play song ( from NAS / USB / Internet stream) using ympd based on Arch linux

Hardware :
- I have finish schematic of Beaglebone Black rev C in Altium and going to layout now.
- I upload the picture of DAC schematic here so please take a look

@deChrLam : I'm not using PI because you just can't make the hardware based on PI chip. I contact Broadcom and the answer for DIY is no so I switch to Beaglebone that based on AM3358, easy for buying with resonable price.
So this project I want to make sure everyone can do it from software to hardware.

I will reading your advices, thank you again

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.