modern "radiogram" design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, complete newbie here!

need some help/advice/comment

I have been looking at getting an old radiogram, with the intention of updating it... however, I reckon it might be better to actually build one from scratch...

I would be looking at a construction of plywood cut using a cnc machine.

With recycling one it would have an amp/speakers but with a new build there is a bit of opportunity to transplant these things in - I don't need it to be loud but i am a bit concerned that the speakers might made a cd skip? and how to combat that?

also: all the components are a bit up in the air at the moment

what I would like is:

a cd player
a bluetooth receiver (maybe NFC) too
DAB Radio
(possibly a streaming device but might just keep with the bluetooth only)

and that is really it - maybe some kind of usb hook up too

I was thinking I might butcher a turntable but tbh I don't really want to - would be cool to get a cd player that was like a turntable tho (kinda like the muji ones but connected into the amp...)

With the speakers I'm not sure how to approach it, initially the old cabinet I was looking at had wooden slats in front of the speakers but I guess that has an impact on the quality of the speakers output? would it be significant or able to be designed out, or is mesh the best way to go?

Has anyone else attempted anything similar? interested to see things that have been done

I'll post up some of my design later, but all comments are welcome!

:sax:

Last edited:

Attachments

• boombox 1940.jpg
    boombox 1940.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 191
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.