MOX - active crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, all

here is my prototipe of an active crossover - SK filter with 6-12-18-24 dB slope, Q from 0.5 to 1, and standard 1/3 octave central frequency. I'm using this crossover now in an active PA speaker project of mine. Schematics and pcb's have been tested and are working fine. PCB's are one layer style with a couple of jumpers, opamp is placed on a small "daughter" board and can be IC or discrete. If you find it useful, feel free...

Regards

Attachments

• mox1.jpg
    mox1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 14,480
Looking at the schematic, I see you have 10K volume pots for ea. section of the crossover.

It seems like a perfect setup to use APOX SHM controller here, as one could set permanently offset levels and then adjust all 4 channels simultaniously. By increasing the gain of op amp, one might combine preamp function with high quality active crossover.

From the schematics I've seen so far, this one seems to be the most appealing (especially when it's based on XVR1;))

Peter Daniel said:
It seems like a perfect setup to use APOX SHM controller here, as one could set permanently offset levels and then adjust all 4 channels simultaniously. By increasing the gain of op amp, one might combine preamp function with high quality active crossover.

Hi,

this is good idea. Also, one another solution is using 4 channel resistor attenuator with proper screening between sections if remote control isn't needed. Tracking between channel and filters in this case must be very good.

Regards

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Excellent job Moamps,
Peter Daniel said:
Looking at the schematic, I see you have 10K volume pots for ea. section of the crossover.

From the schematics I've seen so far, this one seems to be the most appealing (especially when it's based on XVR1;))
If you wanted to get real fancy, you could let the APOX processor do the frequency and slope switching with a set of relays driven from the processor. Than have the frequency and slope displayed on the screen.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.