Can any one help me?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here u go ... there is one ... Low pass filter at 80Hz

Using a simple basic opamp (TL072) does the job ...

Resistor 20Kohm and capacitor 0.1uf (104)

Attachments

• LP filter.jpg
    LP filter.jpg
    480.6 KB · Views: 96
A passive low-pass would be physically very large and expensive.

It would be cheaper, and produce better sound quality, to use an active crossover and another amplifier channel. By using an active crossover, you can also take bass duties away from the midrange speakers, leaving them with more headroom.

Chris

I used to use a Ratshack 3 way active (before amp) automotive crossover that I bought for $19.95 (in the late '80's).
It did require 12 volts but so did the 300W automotive amp on my subs.
You might look at EBAY under "crossover car audio".
There are a few for $10 to $30.

Optimus Electronic Subwoofer Crossover | eBay

Before that I used a right out of the big linear design handbook, State Variable Filter circuit that was on a plastic protoboard for years.
It worked quite nicely.

Or, the circuit shown above would work well.

If you wanted to use a passive XO and those amps for both subs and main speakers, a passive XO might use up 1/2 of your power depending on it's topology.

Best of luck,
Dave

Last edited:
I have attached the speakers i am using and the amp that i am using (i am using several amps). the speaker in the middle (silver) is the sub. Also can i run the 2 channel amp off of one channel? The BT module i am using is Mono.

Attachments

• IMG_20150309_200925.jpg
    IMG_20150309_200925.jpg
    797.8 KB · Views: 49
  • sku_146300_1.jpg
    sku_146300_1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 49
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.