• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

2 frugel horn mk3 questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am wanting to build a pair of your cabinets to use in our "office" I apologize if these points have been addressed all ready.

What of the bamboo sheet goods do you guys prefer? I have access to the teragren products.

What are thoughts on a double thick front baffle to allow a large roundover?
Thanks, Evan

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
What of the bamboo sheet goods do you guys prefer? I have access to the teragren products.

We are less brand agnostic and more interested in the perticular material. These guys are distributors and the product is all OEMed in China.

We have 5 local distribs with different brands. What we use comes down to them more than the brands. AFAIK we have mostly used Plyboo, but i have looked at the Teragren and it is one of the more reputable brands.

Look for the stranded varieties, They are quantitativly superior and have a harder surface that resists scratches & dings to a greater extent. It is also more expensive and sometimes only comes in 4 x 6 sheets.

Looks like the Teragren brand is Xcora.

Xcora® Bamboo Panels + Veneer - Teragren®

What are thoughts on a double thick front baffle to allow a large roundover?

That is fine. A big round-over will give an interesting mosaic of the end-grain, i look forward to seeing that. On the back layer make sure that the cut-out opening is larger than the cut-out for the driver on the front piece.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.