Lampizating on Burr Brown PCM53 JP-V DAC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am having several old school CD players that use this DAC, a stereo one, like in Hitachi DAD-1000, Realistic CD-1000, and Denon DCD-1000.

I wish to turn them into tube outputs, eliminating the four OpAmps of NE5532 on, for instance the Realistic CD-1000.

Has someone done lampizator on this chip? Mr. Lukazs Fikus at www.lampizator.eu has no information on this specific DAC but I think the Hitachi setup on the Realistic CD-1000 has some great potential.

Any idea is appreciated.

Terence

Yes, if you go for tubes you don't need any gain.

Go always cathode follower for DAC, never install a gain stage unless you use a lot of feedback.

I learned that building 2 lampizator designs and removing both.

I built single tube cathode followers and parallel cathode followers for dacs as well as a head phone output through monster capacitors film cap of 200uf for Senheiser HD600

The conclusion is that a good output stage is is the most crucial aspect of good digital music.

The TDA1541 is maybe the best dac but obsolete today.

Please use a good differential discrete transistor output feed with a regulated power supply, it is in all aspects superior to a tube cathode follower.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.