TQWT with IGC Mono blocks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No magic, just the shorest signal path i can get, an electrically active H/S which is isolated mechanicaly and electrically from the case and is a 1.5 lb gold plated brass bar. The chip loading bar as well as the case insulator bar is Poly C and the case isolation pad is attached to the brass bar with nylon screws.
Just 1 cap ,a 1 uf between the power leads.No fancy resistors, just plain old carbon 5%(good enough for 47 labs).All screws ,nuts ect ect are brass.All connectors are gold plated and not top of the line, just good equipment.
ron

too dark for my eyes too. i've added contrast to the internal shot to help others with dimming sight.

ron1_hi_contrast.jpg

very nice ron. there's something about seeing a tiny handful of components almost lost in the relative volume of support hardware that gives me the grins.

where is the gold plated brass bar from incidently? do you electroplate your own or are they surplus from some other application? (like are they actually common in some sort of high-end electronics? they're new to me.)

Thanks for the touch up.I was on webtv when i posted and didnt send the pics to my puter addy for touch up so it came as sent from webtv(the couch potato puter).
The brass bars are from an auomotive app. used for those higher end power distribution blocks.Thats why all the screw holes.
ron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.