Ideas wanted. Speakers in fire surround.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ideas wanted. Speakers (no longer) in fire surround.

Rather than buy a new smart TV with inbuilt speakers and a £900 hang on the wall gas fire which is what I would have done if I wasn't paying :) the current plan agreed between my parents(houseowners) and me (lodger) is to stick with my very old plasma TV and to build a fire surrond with built in speakers.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I currently run a 4.1 system with FR125s in sealed boxes, and 2 sealed subs. This will be an AV downgrade, the rears are going, and I'm happy with less bass.

My first idea is a simple 2 small full range drivers, either sealed or ported maybe. Looking for your suggestions, drivers available or cheap to post to UK.

Then as I write this I'm thinking of the various slim horns I've seen on here, maybe two of those as upright?

As drawn the sections are 160mm square. 19mm MDF then gives about 14l in the horizontal and 10l in each leg.

All ideas/ thoughts welcome.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.