Rockford Fosgate Punch 100x2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Putting out 31.3v on right channel.

Measured outputs with black on leg 3
Q225
Leg 1 0v
Leg 2 .06v
Q215
Leg 1 0v
Leg 2 .06v
Q219
Leg 1 62.5v
Leg 2 0v
Q224
Leg 1 -62.5v
Leg 2 0v

Then measured with black on chassis ground
Q225
Leg1 -31.3
Leg2 -31.2
Leg3 -31.2
Q215 same as q225

Q219
Leg1 31.2
Leg2 -31.2
Leg3 30.6
Q224 same as q219.

What do I do next thanks in advance.

Check the readings. Something isn't right.

First numbers, 219 and 224 should have the same voltages.

Second set of numbers. 219 and 224 have almost identical voltages but they were 60+v apart in the first numbers.

Do you read anything near 0 ohms between the legs of any individual output transistors (no power applied)?

Changed q215 and q225
Now getting

Q215
L1 -27.4
L2 0
L3 -30.5
Q225 same

Q219
L1 27.3
L2 0
L3 30.5
Q224 same

But now putting out .065dcv how do I bring that number down?

Oh and I bought your tutorial earlier today, Perry. Thank you! Tons of info!!!

Skimming through it right now!

With all of the transistors clamped down, set the bias. The DC offset may drop. If it doesn't, I'd leave it as is. Getting it down could be as simple as replacing a couple of transistors but could be much more difficult to resolve. 0.065 is a bit high but will not cause any problems.

Is there a reason you didn't choose the download option for the tutorial?

Perfect! Thank you. Sorry I kind of feel like a nuisance. Lol Anyway... this is the very first amp I have ever attempted to repair. I started on it about 2 years ago. I was probing around on the power supply transistors and slipped and shorted one out. The amp went into the closet shortly after that. I had no idea what I was doing or what I was looking for. I just knew that it melted a door speaker haha. I started working on amps for friends just doing simple repairs like finding loose solders on some newer lanzar amps and junk like that. Now I am paying more attention and trying to learn more about this stuff. I find it pretty fun actually even though a lot of times I feel like pulling my hair out. Lol

So when I pulled it out again I knew that there was a shorted supply ic all I had that was close was an irfz34 thats whats in there now. Oh and that is on the left side. Now i cant seem to find the 36N06V anywhere. What is a good replacement for that transistor if you know off the top of your head? I guess thats it for know. Thank you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.