I have a feeling my first active loudspeaker will mean the last time I build passive

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Up until recently i had only thought about active filter design, a pipe dream if you will. It was always an interest, something I'd do someday. I've been the same with chip amps.

It must have something to do with my ability to dream up new projects before I've finished the previous.....

But now I have embarked on a modification of my current reference speakers, from passive to active using basic Sallen Key filters and chip amps.

My problem is that I've ordered a pair each of LM3875, 3876, 3886 and 4780. I'm intending on using the 4780 in parallel for each woofer, and then 3886 for the highs.

Now I'm left with some ICs for other speakers also partially completed.

Argh!

I may have plans for them but I'm trying to focus on one project at a time....SWMBO may not be keen on Alpairs in the bathroom ceiling......

Sounds nice. I haven't checked out Wilmslow in an age.

I'm hoping my little active conversion results in nirvana too ��

If it does ill need to move home, speakers are breeding like bunnies, and if this first attempt in active goes well then the amps will multiply too...

I suppose i could just build 4 stereo amps, and the active crossover on another case...

But then the boxes still multiply. And somehow one case for the lot appeals.

Never could make a decision under zero pressure!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.