Any Diyers in South Florida?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2008
Paid Member
former wpb resident

From the 70's through the 90's.

I used to know a few, but, south Florida never was the best place for DIY,
or audio social interactions. More specifically; Palm Beach County.
Most of my "audio buddies" were older and held themselves on a higher
socio-economic laddder, and weren't into a beer budget DIY approach. It was all about the "status" baby !

Near the end of my tenure, I did meet 3 nice guys from Broward county.

Last edited:
Hey folks

We just moved BACK to Florida from Tennessee. I was lucky enough to meet some cool guys in Knoxville club that invited me to a few outings I hope that we can meet some other cool DIY audio guys here in South Florida. We are in the Port St. Lucie area. Anyone around here that is into this stuff want to chat or maybe get together give me a shout. I am just getting started down the DIY road but have been into audio for many years now.

Pete

Hi Pete,
I joined the Sarasota Audiophile Society, there are a few DIY guys involved there, a really good bunch of people. We had a meeting last Saturday, heard one of the best sound systems I've ever heard, big Genelec monitors, totaly awesome. You might look to see if there is an audiophile society meet you, I don't think you'll regret it.
Kent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow its been awhile....

I posted this here when we first moved back and got almost no response. Still living here and enjoying the beautiful area. Have not done a lot with the DIY due to moving our stuff in and finding work and just getting settled in. Now working in a good job and things are back to normal and have been looking to get into some kind of speaker build again. Our new house is much more useful for a quality system than our old house so want to get something going. Been looking at custom build tube amps and kits also. Still open to meeting locals for chatting about speaker builds and whatnot. Just gimme a shout!!

Pete

Joined 2008
Paid Member
I posted this here when we first moved back and got almost no response. Still living here and enjoying the beautiful area. Have not done a lot with the DIY due to moving our stuff in and finding work and just getting settled in. Now working in a good job and things are back to normal and have been looking to get into some kind of speaker build again. Our new house is much more useful for a quality system than our old house so want to get something going. Been looking at custom build tube amps and kits also. Still open to meeting locals for chatting about speaker builds and whatnot. Just gimme a shout!!

Pete

Hello Pete,
I'm glad to hear you are back on track. Everyone should be happy living where they do.
Mark and Lawrence came by yesterday to do some t/s measurements for a few projects I have going. Besides that, we have been auditioning various phono pre-amps, and comparing different types of power supplies. I now have a single ended Class-A amplifier driving my mid-range. The level of micro-details and inner dimensional depth is uncanny. Lawrence went to go see James today, to show him the tubed phono pre-amp he did for a customer in Texas. Say hey to your wife and kids !

best regards,
Scott L.

Aw man Scott...

You're killin' me here LOL I was enjoying what little time I got to spend with you guys. It was an experience meeting you and seeing all of your systems. I was hoping to meet some DIY guys here as well but so far its kinda dead. Saw the response to this thread so figured I would chime in. Been building the bench seating for an entire restaurant here lately for my work. It turned out pretty decent considering it was all just white pine 2x6's and plywood LOL. Just got some more trim pieces to finish and install and then onto the next project. Seeing some of the wicked cool speaker designs around here makes me inspired to start building something cool. Finally got the VMC setup and making parts again. Hope you guys are well. Here are some pics of the bench seats I know not speaker/stereo related but kinda cool nonetheless.... Peace my friend.

Pete

P.S. Who was the girl with the amazing sexy voice you always played on your system when I was over there I cannot remember her name so I can go get some of her music?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.