CM6631 usb audio interface .... any good?

Hello friends. As I said befor, I got my CM6631 from the same E-Bay stor as in the #1 message. As the seller does not provide the drivers, mr. Weiliang was so kind to send me the drivers for XP/Vista/W7.

I tryed on 4 computers - one Win7/32 desktop, one Win7/32 notebook and two XP desktops.
At one XP desktop also at Win7/73 notebook there were problem with USB connection - windowr write "This device can work faster if If you connect it to USB2.0 port".
But the ports are 2.0!
At other computers there were no this message.

All other is the same an ALL these comuters:
Windows detect "Asus Xsonar Essence One" audio device, and put it inti device manager with the yellow mark.

When I try ti install the driver, it doen not recognize the device and write me "Please connect CM6631 device". I press "OK" then saw the same message window. After 3 times the installer was closed.

Again - this happens at 4 different computers!

Maybe I have to try to install the original Asus Xonar One driver ?

I think this is not an issue - one of the desktops (winXP) does not have any antivirus.

Probably something is not OK withthe device itself (or firmware is not correct)

Does this device should be recognized by windows as Asus Xonar Essential One?

What the purpose of the DC in connector? Should I have to put external voltage?

Hello friends. As I said befor, I got my CM6631 from the same E-Bay stor as in the #1 message. As the seller does not provide the drivers, mr. Weiliang was so kind to send me the drivers for XP/Vista/W7.

I tryed on 4 computers - one Win7/32 desktop, one Win7/32 notebook and two XP desktops.
At one XP desktop also at Win7/73 notebook there were problem with USB connection - windowr write "This device can work faster if If you connect it to USB2.0 port".
But the ports are 2.0!
At other computers there were no this message.

All other is the same an ALL these comuters:
Windows detect "Asus Xsonar Essence One" audio device, and put it inti device manager with the yellow mark.

When I try ti install the driver, it doen not recognize the device and write me "Please connect CM6631 device". I press "OK" then saw the same message window. After 3 times the installer was closed.

Again - this happens at 4 different computers!

Maybe I have to try to install the original Asus Xonar One driver ?

I purchase the CM6631 card below and the generic driver works without problem in Windows 7, sent you a PM on the driver. Don't use the Asus driver unless your firmware was flashed with the Ausu firmware.

E53694FE-4EC9-4FD6-8678-BD8625651EDC-7922-00000606C75B7A4B.jpg

Maybe I got the devic with the wrong firmware, but all afforts to install the original driver has no success. Yesterday I tried at my friend's computer (Win7) and got the same - original driver does not recognize the device as "CM6631" and stops installation.
Window saw device as "Asus Xonar On" with the yellow mark.

Finally, I download Xonar One driver from the official Asus site, install it and it works!

When you buy the card they will flash it with Asus firmware by default if you don't specify, I have asked them to flash it with the OEM firmware which supports I2S. You can try it with Asus driver. I think the Asus firmware doesn't support I2S output.

I would like to know if I can flash the card by myself and if the OEM firmware is available to download because I have one with Asus firmware.

My card with Asus fw works with the Asus driver on Windows 7 but on Linux (Ubuntu 12.04) it only works as usb audio 1.0 (16bit - 44.1/48KHz).

Thanks
Andrea

I would like to know if I can flash the card by myself and if the OEM firmware is available to download because I have one with Asus firmware.

My card with Asus fw works with the Asus driver on Windows 7 but on Linux (Ubuntu 12.04) it only works as usb audio 1.0 (16bit - 44.1/48KHz).

Thanks
Andrea

Sorry, I never did that before, you may have to contact the board designer.