Sansui set

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well my first post:D, i think i'm gonna love this forum

I got from my dad a whole set of Sansui devices. 2 Sansui s40 speakes, 1 Amplifier A-5 a pick-up FR-D45, an AM/FM Stereo T-7 and a stereo cassete deck D-95M. I was thinking of starting using them the sooner i could. I am mad with sound. I want to listen to my beloved rock or metal with the best quality i can get. I used the speaker with the pick-up and the amplifier and the speakers with my pc. And then an idea came. To connect my speaker and amplifier with my computer. But i can't find out how. Is there any possible way?

Thank you

You're gonna love your new cable with a stereo 3.5 mm jack at one end and a pair of RCA type plugs at the other :D
I don't think the amplifier has a DIN pentapolar type of connector
Maybe it has one on the tape out/in , parallel to the RCA types,
but it doesn't matter :p
You can have a Line out or a HP out from the computer . The HP adds
another amplification stage . You'll have to connect it to a Line level input , which is not the PU / Phono one ; all the others are good !
Also , if the amplifier has a separation between preamplifier section and the power amplifier , you can enter directly with the Main In of the amplifier , but
some precautions has to be taken , like putting the volume down or not to disconnect the plugs when it's 'on' . So the volume may be controlled directly via computer .
Another solution , also , if you don't rely on the quality of the sound card ,
is to use some digital output port , like USB , SPdif ( CD players have also optical and coaxial ) , and find an external DAC - ( D/A converter ) which has
the conventional RCA female plugs at its outputs .

That's an image from then back

If i cut two wires, one from RCA and one of 3.5mm and connect them with something will it work? :p

Attachments

• amp.jpg
    amp.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 75
Last edited by a moderator:
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
picowallspeaker has given you some good advice...

Just use a "line" input on the amplifier such as tape or Aux etc but NOT phono (as that is for a record deck).

So you need an RCA type lead (what I call phono plugs :)) at one end and a plug at the other end to suit whatever is on your PC.

You won't break anything doing that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.