Replacement for LM13600AN

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am trying to replace a LM13600AN dual transconductance amplifier with linearizing diodes and buffers and have been told it is no longer made. I did find a similar part a NE5517ANGOS-ND and was wondering if those in the know could tell me if I could use it to replace the 13600.

The LM13600AN is in the Jackplane(input board) in a QSC USA 400 power amplifier. Any help would be appreciated.

The darlington output buffers on the LM13700 are different from those on the LM13600 in that their bias currents (and hence their output DC levels) are independent of IABC pin. This usually results in performance superior to that of the LM13600 in audio applications.

The pin-outs are the same.

The NE5517 is the Philips version of the LM13700.

Also search for NJM13600 (about $0.60 from Mouser).

Hope this helps Joe.

I was able to purchase the NJM13600 and I have the QSC USA 400 running smartly now. I also replaced two op amps as well as the caps on the Jackplane. I had to replace the 15V zeniers in the 15 volts supplies as well as the caps and 4 of the filter caps were damaged so I replaced them.

Its now dead quiet and all supplies are per specifications. Upon testing I find its a very stable under rated little amplifier. Even its two ohm rating could be met with both channels running and no instability issues. . Again a thanks.;)

Good job.

The 15V zener failures are common, I always replace all or them in the amplifier even when only one has failed.

The NE5532 should be sourced from QSC, otherwise you may not be able to get the short-circuit protection to work properly (the protection depends on overloading the opamp until it goes into current limiting, generally with separate pots for both positive and negative current limits).

If any of the four 15V zeners go open (and the voltage rises), the LM13600 will fry, and maybe the two MC33178 with it.

Last edited:
Good job.

The 15V zener failures are common, I always replace all or them in the amplifier even when only one has failed.

The NE5532 should be sourced from QSC, otherwise you may not be able to get the short-circuit protection to work properly (the protection depends on overloading the opamp until it goes into current limiting, generally with separate pots for both positive and negative current limits).

If any of the four 15V zeners go open (and the voltage rises), the LM13600 will fry, and maybe the two MC33178 with it.

I admire your knowledge, you are a repair gurú

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.