diyAudio (
-   Class D (
-   -   What are these board mounts called? (

torclausen 3rd July 2012 08:58 PM

What are these board mounts called?
1 Attachment(s)

I've been having great success with hong kong class d amplifiers (2020, 2050 and the like). Some of them come without an audio input, but rather this strange white plastic snap with prongs. In this case, for both the power connection, as well as the audio input.

What are they called, and where can I find the male component? I especially would like a 3.5 headphone jack to mount in the three prong one.

Thanks so much!


richie00boy 3rd July 2012 09:03 PM

They are made by a company called JST. Pretty common connectors, once you start browsing catalogues/shops you should find them easily. You need the housing and crimp sockets, also the special crimp tool as they can be pretty fiddly to do. You may get away with a cheaper generic crimp tool rather than the expensive proper one.

torclausen 3rd July 2012 10:08 PM

so, I seach for jst? "jst, audio jack?" Are they on ebay?

richie00boy 3rd July 2012 10:19 PM

They are nothing to do with audio, look under PCB header.

torclausen 4th July 2012 04:39 AM

In this case I believe they are... Its ground, left and right. The other little plug is power. Other than that, there is only speaker outs.

benb 4th July 2012 06:15 AM

The connector may carry audio on this board, but it's manufactured and sold as a general electrical connector, not one made specifically for audio. You won't find this or its mating connector if you search for an audio connector.

I've seen these on computer motherboards and expansion boards and such, for things like cooling fan power connections. If you have an old computer gathering dust in the basement you might open it up and see if it's got a connector you can use.

I'd guess Molex, among other brands, makes these, but Molex makes thousands of types of connectors. See if you can find it in the connectors on or

Boscoe 4th July 2012 06:47 AM

You need to measure the pin spacing once you have determined that search for either 2mm or 2.54mm depending on what you measure and then 3 way JST connector.

sofaspud 4th July 2012 08:20 AM

I would remove the connectors and just hard wire the off-board components and psu.

qusp 5th July 2012 03:12 PM


Originally Posted by sofaspud (
I would remove the connectors and just hard wire the off-board components and psu.

^^ this, those JST are only JUST high quality enough for low current auxiliary power, I would never use one for carrying audio, its contacts are the crappiest of crappy tin plated brass/copper alloys... if you are lucky.

I would even use something else for a battery connector, truly bad connectors. its a JST XH, XT or other X series, looks 2.54mm variant.

also the onboard connector you have there IS the male connector (notice the pins) you are looking for the female if you persist with using them

torclausen 5th July 2012 05:43 PM

thanks folks, that helps a ton. I don't make these things... just trying to deal with it.

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:10 AM.

Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 17.65%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2018 diyAudio