Car stereo home audio amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think Stumble upon right forum to ask my question . I have an PIONEER KEH-3930R car stereo. I want to boost Audio signal of the old TV. I want to set it up in a way that i can use it as Audio amp and also want to put up a microphone jack in the cassette play back head.
I know it can be done but i am little puzzled that its and stereo head not a mono and the connection complication makes it bit tough for me.. I dont have the blue print but i know somebody here would be able to help me out ......

Do let me know if somebody has some Answer ....Thanks

hello thanks for your quick reply ...

What i intend to do is .. take out cable from headphone jack of my tv and put into the connection of mic jack to amplify the sound.
for the connection i have to put up a inserting jack after removing the playback head of the player or any other way if you know.
i know it can be done with the old mono type playback head which have 3 wires .. but what i have i think it has connection like

1 1 1 1
1 <-this kind of connection so how to pull up a connection out of it for inserting jack.
1 1 1 1

The level from the headphone jack will be too high to connect to the tape head connections. You will need to go back in the circuit, find the head preamp IC, remove the IC and connect to the output pads that were the output of the IC.

Why do you need to amplify the signal?

I have a project to make .. kinda AMp ... ... and i would like to make it with this car stereo nobody is using anymore...to make most out of it ... i can use it for other several other purposes like to boost the sound of my mp3 player and ipod...

Something like this one
http://www.nonentity.com/new/Images/Projects/Amp/HeadphoneJackWiring.jpg

Why not just buy an amplifier from eBay for $10 (search TA2024 or TA2020). Those have about the same real wattage as a typical "high power" car deck. Or get a stereo receiver from a thrift store, yard sale, or recycling dumpster.

hey mate thanks for reply ... if i wanted to buy, i could have done it ... it really doesnt matter from where .... and its something what i wanted to make it just simply for fun, to have some time building, basically i am into ship modeling not into tech stuff .. all i wanted to try my hand on something new .. might come handy someday ... but now its just fine few Hours of google and looking at the blue print i came to know from where i can take out the Aux port .. so its just fine .....i fig it out ... next big thing is how to make the cassette adapter .. try to put a old head in the cassette lets see how it goes .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.